Have you thought about what to do with your tax refund?
Updated: Apr 4
TAX REFUND IDEAS
· Make payments toward your debts or your mortgage
· Build up your emergency fund
· Invest it to get ahead on your retirement (RRSP)
· Save for your children’s education (RESP)
· Flexible Saving Goals (TFSA)
· Reward yourself for your good savings habit!
Who can benefit from TFSA?
TFSA is appropriate for anyone who has investments outside a registered plan.
Suitable for all Canadians, aged 18 and older, regardless of income level.
TFSA characteristics & unique benefits
TFSA contribution and interest paid on sums borrowed to contribute are not deductible.
Excess contributions and the income that they generate are subject to a penalty of 1% a month. (No excess margin is allowed.)